AWGN - Represents Wired communication scenario
Rayleigh - Used for modelling Wireless communication
We can see at any moment the signal Power (RSSI) can go down upto 40dB. common in Wireless chennals. (reasons like fading effects )
The MIMO schems can be used to reduce the BER. you can see the result of implementation of the MIMO system on real hardware ( GNU RADIO, SDR) as shown bellow.
- ●David Tse,Pramod Viswanath, Fundamentals of Wireless Communication, 2rd ed. Cambridge University Press , 2005.
- ●Andrea Goldsmith, WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS, 2rd ed. 2004.
- ●W. C. Jakes, Ed., Microwave Mobile Communications, NewYork: Wiley, 1974.
- ●M. Alamonty , A Simple Transmit Diversity Technique for Wireless Communication, 3rd ed. IEEE Journal on selected area in Communication, Vol 16:No 8, 1998.
- ●A. Wittneben, A new bandwidth efficient transmit antenna modulation diversity scheme for linear digital modulation,, 3rd ed. in Proc. 1993 IEEE International Conf. Communications (ICC93), May 1993, pp. 16301634.
- ●J. K. Cavers, An analysis of pilot symbol assisted modulation for Rayleigh fading channels,. IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 40, pp.686693, 1991.
- ●S. Sampei and T. Sunaga , Rayleigh fading compensation method for 16 QAM in digital land mobile radio channels, . in Proc. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conf., San Francisco, CA, 1989, pp. 640646.
- ●V. Tarokh, A. Naguib, N. Seshadri, and A. R. Calderbank, Spacetime codes for wireless communication: Combined array processing and space time coding,, . IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, Mar. 1998.
- E.Blossom, Gnu Radio, [Online]. Available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Radio [Accessed Feburary 15, 2007].